Tuesday, May 23, 2006

She's okay, really


Momswreck64
Originally uploaded by bookworm91770.
Looking at this picture, it's hard to believe that Mom walked away from this wreck with just some bruises. She's pretty sore today (and will be for a few days), but she's doing well.

I've gotten very frustrated with her doctor, I have called him repeatedly and can't get him to call me back. I called yesterday and told them she had been in the wreck and that he REALLY NEEDED TO CALL ME BACK, LIKE TODAY! He didn't. We're going to have to talk to an attorney anyway, so I'm going to ask him if we could, or even should, do anything about this doctor. Mom loves him, thinks he's the best thing out there, but when he won't respond to legitimate concerns.....

Mom has finally agreed that driving to Tulsa to see a doctor is ridiculous and that she's going to have to find one here. Finally. I've been trying to fight that battle for months now - ever since we agreed that she was going to move here. Of course, since she won't be doing anymore driving for awhile, she doesn't have much choice about that. It's bad enough having to take off work to take her to the doctor in the city, I can't take off whole days to take her to Tulsa.

So we're back at the "Figure out what the hell we're going to do" stage. I've already told Mom that we're not replacing her car just yet. I was worried about her moving into her own place even before this, and I'm just not sure where I stand on that right now. We've been looking at some condos, but I think that we'll put that on hold, at least for a little while. We're going to have attorney fees, court costs, and who knows what all coming up - most everything is going to have to be on hold until we see what's going to happen with that.

Of course, she still thinks she should get to go to Seattle in August. First thing Lesley said when I was talking to her was "Guess Mom's not coming to visit anytime soon!". I haven't even mentioned it to Mom yet - we'll fight that battle another day.

At this point, I just thank God that she's okay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Play these cool games now with no download, or download trial version FREE

Put this game box and other cool free add-ons on your website free! CLICK HERE

Animal Breed Zip Code