Wednesday, February 15, 2006

A tough situation

I was reading Sandie's blog yesterday, and saw where Bob had called and made noises about taking Brit to Kansas with him. Obviously Sandie is very upset by the idea. She has raised Brit for the last several months without any help from Bob or Brit's mom. She and Mikey love that child to pieces and it will break her heart if Bob takes her away from them.

I don't think that they ever really wanted to have to raise her by themselves. They just want her close by where they can enjoy her every day - or as often as possible.

Now, Sandie, I know that you are going to read this, and we've discussed my opinion on the matter before - and I do understand your position on this situation. I in no way want to upset you or even Bob, but I'm going to put my 2 cents in again anyway.

I love Bob, he's my cousin, and we grew up together. He and Bridge even stayed with us for a little while when we were kids. And if he's made some bad decisions (horrendous) in his relationships - well, so have I.

Bob abandoned his child so he could go shack up with some woman. Period. He may have left Brit in the best possible place for her to be, with people who love her no matter what, but he still abandoned her. He's only visited a couple of times, and so far as I know - and I probably wouldn't know if he had - he hasn't sent any money to help support her. He rarely even calls.

If it were me, I would fight Bob for custody and try to keep Brit at home. I think that they would be able to get custody of her no problem because he left her with them. But, how do you fight your own child for custody of his child? He is a good dad when he's around, and he's YOUR child. If you fight him for custody what kind of relationship are you going to have with him - and will he have with his child?

And then there's the fact that Sandie wants to be a grandma, not a mom again.

It's a terrible situation that I know is tearing Sandie up. I wish there was something we could do for you. Chris has offered to go hunt him down. Course, I don't want to think about what Chris would do when he found him. You know how Chris is, just a wee bit extreme.

So, whatever you decide to do, we'll support you, and be there for you in any way we can.

We love you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Play these cool games now with no download, or download trial version FREE

Put this game box and other cool free add-ons on your website free! CLICK HERE

Animal Breed Zip Code