Thursday, March 09, 2006

Today's the day

I go back this afternoon for my followup pap after the last abnormal one. Everyone pray for me that it comes back normal. Especially all of you who want to know when Chris and I are going to get pregnant!

I was talking to a friend of mine last night, and she just had to go have a biopsy done. She had her first pap after her baby was born (about a year and a half after), and it came back low grade cervical cancer. So she had to go get the biopsy and it will take 4-6 weeks to get the results back. She's 19 or 20 years old.

I haven't really let myself think about it. I figure that worrying about it now isn't going to do any good, and I'll have plenty of time to worry about it if it happens. But it's a scary thought, especially since we don't have insurance. Thank God for the Indian Hospital. What do people do that don't have anything, just die? Do hospitals have to provide cancer treatment to people without insurance? I know that they can't turn you away if you are in an immediate life threatening situation, but what about something like cancer?

I've never been a fan of the national health care ideas, but it kinda makes you think about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Play these cool games now with no download, or download trial version FREE

Put this game box and other cool free add-ons on your website free! CLICK HERE

Animal Breed Zip Code