Sunday, July 16, 2006

We are sooo lazy!

Chris and I were going to go to Okema to the Woody Guthrie Bluegrass Festival yesterday, but it's been 100+ for the last few days, so we decided to go in the evening instead of all day like we normally would.

I used to be able to stay up all night and sleep in til 2:00 in the afternoon on weekends. Then I'd get up, smoke a little, eat, and go back to bed. Repeat as necessary, then go out that night and party till 3:00 in the morning and repeat again. Perfect weekend in my opinion. At least back then.

Then I got the job where I had to be at work at 7:00, and I just didn't have a choice but to get up early - which meant go to bed much earlier. Now, I'm usually in bed by 12:00 and up by 6:00. Even on weekends. Even when we went to New Mexico for a week and I was waking up at 5:00 every morning (different time zone). Sleeping late these days is 8:00, which I actually managed to do this morning.

On the other hand, Chris "power" sleeps. That man can sleep for 10 hours at a time if you let him. So by the time he gets up, I've already been up and worked on homework, or been on the computer, or something, and I'm ready for a nap. So I'll stay up with him for an hour or two, then go lay down and ask him to wake me up in an about an hour.

So yesterday, he doesn't wake me up and I sleep til around 5:00. I don't know about you, but an all day nap always makes me feel groggy for a couple hours afterwards. Especially if I eat right after getting up, which we did. Next thing I knew it was 7:00, and neither of us were even close to getting ready. The festival was only open til about 11:00, and it's over an hour's drive from here to there.

(I just realized that I use the word 'so' a lot.)

We decided to do something else last night, and that we'd go to the hootenanny today at noon. Isn't that a great word? I love saying it - hottenanny. It just sounds fun.

Except we kept debating about where we wanted to go. Movies, bowling, pool, comedy club, go visit people. There's actually not a lot of choices around here. We never could decide what to go do, and UFC Championship Fighting came on, so we ended up staying home instead. Which is actually okay with me, I'm a homebody, and would much rather be able to kick my feet up and smoke a cigarette, and be comfortable than be out around a bunch of people.

Now I have to go get Chris up, so we can maybe make out to the hootenanny by noon. Wish us luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Play these cool games now with no download, or download trial version FREE

Put this game box and other cool free add-ons on your website free! CLICK HERE

Animal Breed Zip Code