Thursday, January 18, 2007

So, what's up with you?

I've wanted a telescope since I was a kid, and it's just one of those things I never thought about getting. Every time the subject would come up I'd be all "Yeah, I've always wanted one of those!" and then I'd promptly forget about it again. Chris got me one for Christmas, except he couldn't find one in town and I ended up ordering it online. That meant I didn't actually get the telescope until January something. Of course, it arrived during the full moon, which was actually pretty cool - getting to see the craters and lakes and stuff on the moon. But we couldn't see anything else because of all the light from the moon.

So, last weekend would have been the perfect time to use the telescope - no moon. Unfortunately for everyone in Oklahoma, we had that ice storm come thru - lots of clouds, no stars. Ok, no problem. This coming up weekend is supposed to be another good weekend for star-gazing. EXCEPT. We have another ice storm coming in this weekend as well.

Don't you just hate it when you get a new toy and can't play with it?

Not much going on around here other than that. School starts on Monday, I'm taking all internet classes this time, which is going to be nice. Especially if we keep getting this unusual weather. I mean really, we get a couple of storms a year, usually one in January and one in February, and neither of them sticks around for long. Must be global warming or something!

I'm thinking about selling some stuff on ebay, but I have to check out all the fees and talk to Sandie and get the inside scoop on just how much of a pain in the ass I'm setting myself up for.

We were supposed to go see Jamie & Phil, but that's on hold til this weather clears up. I haven't seen them in ages, so that'll be good. Chris wants to get them out to go do something outdoorsy, we'll have to see about that. Maybe some star-gazing if it ever clears up.

I guess that's about it, my life in a nutshell!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Play these cool games now with no download, or download trial version FREE

Put this game box and other cool free add-ons on your website free! CLICK HERE

Animal Breed Zip Code