Saturday, December 09, 2006

Hello again!

I’m just finishing up a nice long vacation. I was scheduled to be off this last week, but with the snow storm the previous Thursday, I’ve been off work since 11/30/06! Of course, I don’t think I have enough vacation time to cover the whole period, but it was still pretty nice.

Actually, it would have been pretty nice if I didn’t have this sinus infection for the whole time! I’m finally pretty much over it, but it did put a stop to most of our vacation plans. We ended up staying home and sleeping a lot. We did get a little Christmas shopping done, but not near what I had originally planned – and always after 5:00. Really smart, huh?

I did get 2 pieces of good news this week though. First, I won second place on the ethics essay contest I entered - $500 scholarship for next semester! With the other school scholarship I got, that covers all of my classes and part of my books as well!

The second was that my last pap was normal!!!!!!!! Thank God. Now, I have to take folic acid for 6 weeks, and then we can start trying to get pregnant. I know, I should have already been taking the folic acid. I just never even thought about it.

This week is the first time I’ve ever really felt my biological clock ticking. It started even before I got the test results back. I was flipping channels, and there was a video on CMT (yes Jamie, I’m actually starting to like country music – a little! And just the newer, rock-type country). The father was singing the song about his little boy and how the little boy wanted to grow up just like his dad. And it was the cutest tow-headed little boy. And I wanted to have that, and to give that to Chris.

From that point on, everything on TV has little kids or pregnant women, and I want that so bad. I’ve always wondered if I could even get pregnant, you know, 36 years old and it’s never happened, and there’s been plenty of opportunity. Always before I thought “If it happens, great. If not, that’s okay too.” And now I really want to be a mom and I’m afraid that it won’t happen. So now we just have to wait and see.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sandra D said...

Well, hot damn! Do you have any ovulation-pinpointing supplies yet?

3:46 PM  
Blogger bookworm said...

I have some pee sticks, but I've only used them a couple of times - I keep forgetting! The problem is going to be that I have a shorter cycle than average, and apparently you can't just subtract those three days from the 14 days to start checking on 11 days.

Couldn't be easy, could it?

I've been reading about the basal thermometer's and checking your discharge (eewww) but you know me, I want the easiest way possible.

4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Play these cool games now with no download, or download trial version FREE

Put this game box and other cool free add-ons on your website free! CLICK HERE

Animal Breed Zip Code