Thursday, October 19, 2006

X-Men III

I've been a fan of the X-Men for many years now. The first I ever saw of them was on Saturday morning cartoons (and yes, I watched Saturday cartoons up until just a few years ago) and boy, was I hooked! I even started getting the comic books. I knew all the different story lines, including the alternate universe ones.

As you can imagine, when the first movie came out I was ecstatic! And they did a great job with the first one, followed the comic books pretty well, and what they didn't follow didn't detract from the movie.

When the second one came out, I was a little leery - you know how sequels work. But again I was pleasantly surprised.

Then there was a third one coming out, and I told Chris that we might actually have to go to the theater to see it - and I haven't been in a movie theater since I was a teenager! Then we didn't hear anymore about it, so I thought it had gotten held up for some reason. The next thing I knew it came out on video. Okay, I don't know how I missed that, but we ordered it from Netflix, and we got it yesterday.

We watched it last night, and I was SO disappointed. Most of the effects are great, and there's a decent fight scene or two, but all of the characters were flat. I didn't see the same character personalities from the first two, and there was no real development of the new characters. It was almost like they did it just for the effects and fight scenes.

It wasn't so bad I wanted to turn it off or anything, but it wasn't what I was hoping for, not by a long shot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Play these cool games now with no download, or download trial version FREE

Put this game box and other cool free add-ons on your website free! CLICK HERE

Animal Breed Zip Code