Thursday, January 18, 2007

A twin?

We were watching the National Geographic channel tonight, and they had a show on multiple births: In the Womb. I've always wanted to have twins, so of course I had to watch, and amazingly enough Chris let me! It was a pretty neat show with some really cool 4D images.

I had told Chris once about the vanishing twin syndrome, and how one fetus can be absorbed by the other fetus (or the placenta), so when they started talking about it I called him in to watch. Then they said that some estimate that 1 in 8 people started life as a twin while only 1 in 70 is born a twin. One theory (evolved from "mirror" twins) is that left-handed people were twins in utero!

So maybe I started out as a twin! I guess that could explain why I've always wanted to have twins - 1 girl and 1 boy. I also found out that that's pretty rare, most twins are the same sex. I also found out that I have pretty good odds of having twins because of my age and weight.

I'm on my sixth week of folic acid, which coincided with my expected ovulation (I never figured out when I ovulated on my last period, and I haven't bought another box of testers....), so next month we get to try!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Play these cool games now with no download, or download trial version FREE

Put this game box and other cool free add-ons on your website free! CLICK HERE

Animal Breed Zip Code