Tuesday, April 03, 2007

I'm still here

It's been such a long time since I posted, I almost forgot how to log in! It's been a crazy couple of months: Dad's been in the hospital 3 times and had to have his leg amputated. Mom's had an unsuccessful surgery on her knee - she's going to have to get it replaced fairly soon. She and Grandma are in Washington now, they tried to leave Friday morning, but the Dallas airport was closed due to all of the rain, so they didn't leave until Saturday am. They made it safe and sound, and if they don't take pictures of my niece and nephews I'm going to be VERY upset.

I'm still working and going to school. Speaking of school, let me ask you about this:

I misread a due date for a test in one class, so I took it one day late. The professor told me he'd take 10 points off my grade for being late. That's fair. Then, he curved everyone's grade EXCEPT mine 12 points. When I asked him about it he said it wasn't fair to everyone else if I got the curve. I didn't agree but what can I do? So I lost 22 points on that test. Whatever you do, don't be late on one of his tests!

So then I take the 2nd test and when I get it back, I missed a question that I felt should have been correct. So I talked to the teacher and he agreed that the answer had been mis-coded. Did I get my two points? Hell no. Instead he curved everyone 10 points. So in effect, I only got curved 8 points.

Speaking of curving - this guy just picks numbers out of the air. Usually, the highest score on a test gets raised to 100 and everyone else gets raised that number of points. I had the high score on the test of 96 (I actually did get one question incorrect, so my grade should have been 98). Therefore, the maximum curve should have been 4 points, right? How did he come up with 10 points?

Does that seem fair to you? Chris says I'm being silly. I still have a 95 overall in that class, so it's not like I'm failing it or anything. It's just the point. So far I've gotten screwed by 14 points. If this keeps up I will fail the class!

That's about all going on in my life, how's yours going?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

For Kyra's birthday we had Chelsea and Aaron come over for ice cream cake. Their mom, Tonya, told me that Doug's oldest grandchild, Madison, has a tumor on her pituitary gland. It is affecting her prolactin levels. Normal is 20 or less. Hers was over 220. They think she might have the MENS type 1 like Doug had. They put her on medication to lower it and it is down to 68. They are going to do an MRI to see if it is shrinking. If not, they'll go through her nasal cavity and remove it. They have done the genetic testing and we should find out Wednesday if she has it. If she does then I can have Kyra tested to see if she has the same gene. Kyra's doctor wants to wait until we know for sure if Madison has it before we do testing on Kyra.

It's been so long since I logged in I can't remember my user or password.

5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Play these cool games now with no download, or download trial version FREE

Put this game box and other cool free add-ons on your website free! CLICK HERE

Animal Breed Zip Code