Saturday, January 27, 2007

Dad

Dad's in the hospital again. The nursing home called me on Tuesday and said that he hadn't gotten out of bed that morning, and when they went to check on him, he was difficult to wake up and disoriented. So they took his blood pressure and it was 70 something over 40 something. By the time he got to the hospital it was 70/13.

Many tests later, they determined that somehow his left leg got fractured (at this point we have no idea when or how it happened) and the pressure sores (that he's been going to wound care for months now because they can't get them to heal) on that leg became infected and the infection has moved into his bone.

Right now we don't know what they are planning on doing about all this, except that he's on the strongest antibiotics there are. I was looking at his leg this evening, and he has one toe that is deep purple, almost black. I'm afraid that this time he's going to loose his leg.

I'll post again when I know something definate.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bad Bone Healing via Cox - 2 inhibitors said...

If your DAD has/is using a Cox-2 inhibitor (like Vioxx in the past, or Celebrex now) OR a biophosphate such as FOSAMAX - YOU should really contact me. I may really be able to help.

Sincerely

Dennis Harrison
badbonehealing@hvc.rr.com
badbonehealing.wordpress.com (blog)
Cementon, NY
845-231-3272

12:25 AM  
Blogger Sandra D said...

Well, damn. Why didn't you call me?

1:53 AM  
Blogger bookworm said...

Cuz I still don't know anything at all! I just called the hospital to find out when his doctor does rounds so that maybe I could get some answers, and of course he doesn't have set rounds. I did leave a message for a call back, so hopefully he will.

8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Play these cool games now with no download, or download trial version FREE

Put this game box and other cool free add-ons on your website free! CLICK HERE

Animal Breed Zip Code