Monday, June 25, 2007

How Contrary am I?

I've been complaining because I don't have any girlfriends. Well, I've got Sandie but she's really my aunt, and we don't hang out that much. She's got Britt, and I've got work and school and parents and looking for a house and....

Then there's Jamie, also my aunt, but she's a couple hours away, and we are both involved in school.

Then there's Steph, my best friend from high school, who happens to be in Iceland now, and has 3 kids.

Chris has a couple of friends who are married, but I don't have anything in common with the wives - kids and garage sale-ing, just not my thing.

So we get invited to go to his step-brother's house this weekend for steaks and drinks. I've only met his wife a couple times over Christmas last year, but we got along okay. And I complain because I have to go make nice, small-talk, and all that. I had to stop myself and think "I've been missing girlfriend companionship, this could be a good thing" to pysch myself up to go.

We had a great time and I didn't catch myself watching the clock to see if we'd been there long enough to gracefully leave! I don't think that we're going to be new best friends or anything, but it was nice.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's a pretty strong family trend. I'm the same way. We take after Mom. Sometimes I wish I were more like Dad.

12:57 PM  
Blogger bookworm said...

I know what you mean. Mom laughs at me cuz I married Chris - she says he talks even more than Dad does! It's interesting to get the two of them together - you never know who's going to get to do all the talking!

Sandie's the same way. I don't know about the rest of the family, but it's definately a Howell trait.

3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Play these cool games now with no download, or download trial version FREE

Put this game box and other cool free add-ons on your website free! CLICK HERE

Animal Breed Zip Code