Thursday, June 28, 2007

What a Headache

Lately I haven't had much of an appetite. Actually, that's not necessarily true, I have an appetite but nothing ever sounds good to eat. Things have been so crazy that we've taken to eating out for every meal and we're both so tired of all the options.

This has been going on for about a month now, and you'd think that a side benefit would be that I might lose just a little weight simply by default. Instead, my favorite pair of pants is now tight around the waist. (They were my favorite because they were loose around the waist and fit perfect everywhere else.) So WTF?

Then I did some math, and I discovered that I drink 6 Mt. Dew's at work every day, then I go home and have a couple Coke/Pepsi's. Add up the calories and I'm drinking a full days recommended calories without ever putting a bite of food in my mouth.

So Friday I told my boss not to buy any more Mt. Dew (he supplies all kinds of pop and snacks) and that I was going to start drinking tea at work. Monday I did pretty good. There was one Mt. Dew left when I got to work, so of course I drank that, then I had a soda with lunch and one with dinner. What? You didn't expect me to quit all at once, did you?

Tuesday I went the whole day with a single soda! I was pretty proud of myself.

Wednesday I woke up with a headache that hasn't gone away since! I've been drinking lots of tea (and spending lots of time in the restroom!), so I didn't really think I'd have a problem with a caffine headache. Turns out I was wrong. So I drank a couple soda's yesterday and had one this morning. My goal is to only have the one today but we'll see.

In other news, Chris is braving flash floods to do some fishing. I think 3/4 of Oklahoma is flooded right now and he HAS to go fishing. He'll be back Friday evening and then he has a surprise for me on Saturday. (I really hate waiting for surprises). I'm to pack a bathing suit and casual, lounging around clothes and we're going someplace private. I've been wanting to go swimming, but considering there's about a gazillion to one chance it's going to rain, I didn't think we'd go this weekend. The awesome thing is that we have the van for camping - no more setting up tents in the dark (why is it almost always dark when we arrive somewhere?)!

In the meantime, I'm having my hair cut this evening. Shoulder length. Chris isn't going to like it much but I'm so sick of it being long. And it doesn't even look good - split ends, frizzy, etc. I keep imagining running my fingers thru my hair without catching a thousand tangles.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Play these cool games now with no download, or download trial version FREE

Put this game box and other cool free add-ons on your website free! CLICK HERE

Animal Breed Zip Code