Friday, July 20, 2007

Comments

For some reason, I can't get into my comments today. Thank goodness I get an email for each comment or I wouldn't have any idea someone is actually reading this thing!

Bridge left a comment on the Inspection Completed post about why it takes so long for the appraiser to do his thing. I always assumed that they just looked at the house itself and said it's worth this much. It makes sense that the area has something to do with the value of the property but I had no idea that they had to compare my house to 3 others. What if he picks really crappy houses? Actually, we've got the records from the last few months of sales and ours is the cheapest in the neighborhood - we couldn't afford it if it weren't. Thanks for the info!

In fact, this house is actually over our approval amount by $1000.00. We figured we could just pay the difference, but the bank put it on the loan, so no worries there.

Bridge - I just want you to know that I had every intention of going thru you when we bought a house. We didn't actually think that we would qualify at this time, so I just called the bank because they already had all my info and I figured they could tell me what I needed to do before getting a loan. (And I wouldn't have to bug you for the 3rd, or is it 4th?, time since you've been in the business!) You could have knocked me over with a feather when they called back an hour later and said "You're approved for X amount." Then I was pre-approved, so it just made sense to keep on with them, especially since we were approved for a 100% loan, fixed, with no penalties for early payment and a decent interest rate.

I generally try to use family and friends when I can, so I've really felt guilty for not using Bridge. How about you come over when we have our party and we'll feed you lots of good food and drink? Or, you could come over some other time and we can hang out and eat lots of good food and drink. Whichever. Or both.

[Someone needs to come over and drink all this alcohol! How did I end up with so much? Chris is allergic to alcohol (but still drinks occasionally) and I just don't drink but every rare once in awhile. Last time I got drunk? In Cozumel with Lesley (poor, poor Lesley) some 15 years ago? Damn, has it been that long????]

Someone else left a comment on another post (forgot which one) about a store in Tulsa that I might be able to get a deal on a pool table from. That's a great idea, and thanks I'll definately check it out. Chris said just last night that he wasn't sure what he thought we should do with that room but that there was a slate table in the paper for $750.00 that had just been refinished. (Sounded like a "hint" "hint" to me!) Have I even seen a slate pool table? Sounds cool anyway. Fortunately, we have plenty of time to figure that one out, especially since we're doing the carpet and paint and stuff first.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sher... No worries about not using me for your loan. I don't work for a broker anymore. I work for a lender which means I don't deal with the actual buyer anymore. Just the broker doing the loan for the buyer. So it's all good!!

bridge

5:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Play these cool games now with no download, or download trial version FREE

Put this game box and other cool free add-ons on your website free! CLICK HERE

Animal Breed Zip Code