Monday, July 23, 2007

Yet More About the House

Sandie asked what the outside of the house looks like. I'd planned on taking pictures of the outside, I really did, and then I got to looking at it.

The front is so overgrown that I couldn't get a good view of it, so that will have to wait until we get some cleared out before I can get a good picture. And the back, well, the back has a few issues too. Like the hot tub we've got to pull out of there, and the wooden walkway someone put back there. It's not a deck, just a walkway around the hot tub and along the back of the house (the part with no windows). And the yard is so small that I couldn't really get a good angle.

So, the house is brick and frame with a stone facing on the front of the house. Stone that someone painted. Blue-Gray. That's peeling off in places. That's going to get sand-blasted as soon as we can afford it.

Who paints stone????

There's a silver-leaf maple in the front yard. Chris just happens to hate silver-leaf maples. Don't know why, never asked. I personally think it looks fine, but that's one of the first things that's going to be cut down. Then we've got some way overgrown bush things (Chris knows what they are, I have no clue) that actually do a really good job of separating us from the house next door. Those are going to get thinned out or possibly cut down and replaced with the exact same thing. Depends on how the thinning goes. (Chris likes whatever they are - I do too, but if I were going to totally remove them, I might look at putting something else there. Just me.) Then we have some holly bushes in front of the front living area (the peach room) as well as some ivy and something else I couldn't get around to see. Chris wants to keep the holly and maybe we'll get to see what the rest of the stuff is once we thin out the others.

Finally, we have a bagworm tree right on the little corner of the house beside the garage. That's the first thing to go. (It's actually a little juniper tree.) When I was a kid, we had several evergreen bushes in our backyard and I spent many an hour picking those stupid little bags off of them. Since we don't have kids to torture (how do you guys do the strike-thru thing?), I mean give chores to, I'm not interested in juniper trees.

The backyard has nothing but the hot tub in it. It's small enough I'm not sure I'll be able to put anything back there. We'll have to wait and see how much a difference taking the hot tub out makes.

Oh, and Sandie, I am expecting some help with planning. Just warning you.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sandra D said...

Stupid Blogger won't accept the HTML tag for strike-thru in comments, so try this:

Type the word strike with pointy brackets around it (<>), then the words you want to strike thru, and then /strike with pointy brackets again.

Holler at me if that doesn't make sense.

What kind of planning?

2:32 PM  
Blogger bookworm said...

Cool, I'll try it on my next post to see if it works.

Garden planning of course. I've got the books, but it's so much easier when I can go "Does this plant work in sun?"

3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Play these cool games now with no download, or download trial version FREE

Put this game box and other cool free add-ons on your website free! CLICK HERE

Animal Breed Zip Code