Thursday, February 23, 2006

A new link

There's a new link under daily reads called Booking Through Thursday. It's a (gasp) book blog. Actually, it's a meme blog about books. She puts up a new meme every Thursday, so I'm going to try to put a couple old ones in here now.

Booking Through Thursday



  1. Are you currently collecting any authors? Why? I'm collecting several authors. I collect because it's usually an authors writing that attracts me even more than the story itself. I've had really good luck with this.

  2. Do you have all of their books? If not, why not? I do have most every book written by most of the authors I collect.

  3. Did you buy all the books in the collection at the same time, or did you buy a book here, a book there? When I first start collecting, I will buy a couple of books to make sure that I like them. Then I will buy as many as I can at a time.

  4. Have you read the whole collection? If not, why not? Yes, I've read the entire collections.



And another one:

Booking Through Thursday


This week's questions brought to you by Deb, reader extraordinaire. Thank you, Deb.


  1. Do you lend your books to other people? I loan books to certain people, usually someone who has loaned me a book before.

  2. If so, do you get them back? Usually not, but that's okay because I'm terrible about returning books myself. That's why I can't use the library anymore.

  3. What do you do if they're not returned? Send the police? Stop speaking to the borrower? Storm the house and take them back? Usually when I loan a book, I'm not really expecting to get it back (see above).



And finally:

Booking Through Thursday


I'm thinking here of any story that is split into more than one volume, stories such as Tolkien's Lord of the Rings, Rowling's Harry Potter volumes, Eddings' Belgariad, to name just a few. Christie's Hercule Perot stories do not count, nor do Gardner's Sherlock Holmes stories, as the reader can consume them in any order. Savvy?


  1. Do you enjoy reading multi-volume stories? They are my preference./

  2. Do you prefer the shorter stories that are done in two or three volumes, or do you willingly go for longer tales? When I've caught up on all of my authors and am looking for something new to read, I start out by looking for the thickest book on the shelf. I definately like the longer tales.

  3. What do you like/dislike about these long tales? I like reading about people I already know. I dislike waiting for the author to come out with the latest installment. I love when I find a complete series that I haven't read before. Then I can get them all at once.



Look for weekly meme's from now on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Play these cool games now with no download, or download trial version FREE

Put this game box and other cool free add-ons on your website free! CLICK HERE

Animal Breed Zip Code